Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Little Help, Please?


Divide and Conquer


(Susanna, reading a book, and Savannah, playing a video game, and Jonathon, playing catch with a baseball, are in the room, each doing their own thing. Nick rushes on stage dressed in an apron and holding a feather duster and cleaning supplies. He’s frantic because his mom says he has to finish cleaning or he can go to his ball game.)


Nick: Okay, what do I have to do? Dust, sweep, vacuum...AAUUUGGHH! How will I ever get it all done in time to go to the game?

Savannah: Hey, could you keep it down? I’m trying to get to one million points on Lego Star Wars. You’re throwing off my concentration.

Susanna: Yeah, how do you expect me to read with all that going on.

Nick: For your information, I’m trying to CLEAN! Mom told me I have to finish this or I can’t go to my baseball game. I’m LOUD because I’m FRUSTRATED. I can’t do this alone and make it to the game. (Looks at Jonathon) Got a problem with that?

Jonathon: Hey, don’t look at me. I’m just playing catch while I wait for you.

Savannah: You know, if you let us help, you’ll definitely get done in time for the game.

Susanna: What are you saying? I’m at the most exciting part of the book!

Jonathon: Do you mean work?

Savannah: When you have a big job and you split it up between a lot of people, everyone gets done quickly. It’s a lot easier that way.

Susanna: Easier for who?

Savannah: Oh, come on. Isn’t that what you’d like someone to do for you?

Susanna: Yeah, I guess so.

Jonathon: Yeah, I wouldn’t want to be stuck with all this by myself. What should we do?

Savannah: Let’s each take something to do, and we’ll finish in no time. Then you guys can go to your game, (to Susanna) you can finish your book, and I can get one million points and set a new Lego Star Wars record!

Nick: I like it. Let’s do it! (All grab supplies and walk off stage)

No comments:

Post a Comment