Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Seed Time

Seed Time Game Show, Number 13


Voice: Welcome to the Sow Your Seed Game Show with your favorite hostesses and mine, Bobby Bling and Chloe Starr!

(Chloe Starr and Bobby Bling come out waving to the kids and saying hello.)

Bobby: Hi there, kids. I’m so glad to be here to day. I just love seeing all of you cheering for me. In fact, I just love me!

Chloe: Um, Bobby... (Bobby continues waving at the kids and ignores Chloe for a little bit.) Bobby..... HEY, Bobby!

Bobby: Oh, were you talking to me? I didn’t notice. What was it you wanted?

Chloe: (Patiently) I just wanted to remind you that we are here to love the kids and to teach them that God loves them. Did you know that love is a seed you can sow?

Bobby: Yes! And I think you should all sow love to me. After all, who is more lovable than me?

Chloe: I’m not going to answer that. Can we get started with today’s show? I’ve got some kids cash to hand out to kids who can give us the right answers.

Bobby: Sounds like a great deal. Let’s get started with question number one. According to 2 Corinthians 9:6, if we want to reap bountifully how should we sow?

A. Just enough seed to get by

B. By leaving all our seed on the sidewalk

C. Bountifully, which means lots and lots

D. Nothing at all

Chloe: (Ask a child to answer) That’s right. We should sow bountifully. The Bible says each one should sow just as he has purposed in his heart to reap.

Question number two. If we sow love towards one another, what will we reap?

A. Thorns and thistles

B. Tomatoes

C. Nachos

D. More love

Bobby: (Ask a child to answer) Great answer! We reap what we sow, and if we sow love, we will reap love. God is love, and He loves us all the time, no matter what we do.

Question number three. What kind of hat does Larry the Cucumber wear in Sheer-luck Holmes?

Chloe: What kind of question is that?

Bobby: Oops! Wrong show. (Flips to another card) How can we sow love?

A. By helping others

B. By being kind to others

C. By forgiving others

D. By thinking of others first

E. All of the above

Chloe: (Ask a child to answer) You’ve got it! Every one of those are ways we can show love and sow love to others. That’s all for today kids. Have a great week and remember: God loves you ALL the time.

Bobby: Are you sure? Does He even love me all the time?

Chloe: Even you, Bobby. Bye, kids.

(They wave as they exit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment