Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mwha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Revenge Vs. Love

Nick has had it with Susanna. He’s using his chemistry set to create a Revenge Formula.

Nick: (Pouring a solution into a beaker.) It’s only a matter of time before my formula is finished. Then my plot for revenge on my sister Susanna will be complete. (Adds evil laugh.) Mwha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Nathan: Hi, Nick. What are you doing?

Nick: I’m working on my Super Revenge Formula. I’m going to get Susanna once and for all.

Nathan: What did she do to you?

Nick: Mom had her do the laundry, and she threw my red sweatshirt in with all my other clothes.

Nathan: So?

Nick: No boy should ever have to wear PINK UNDERWEAR! This calls for serious revenge.

Nathan: What does that stuff do?

Nick: It’s designed to reconfigure her molecular structure in such a way that she becomes invisible. I’ll never have to look at her again. Mwha-ha-ha-ha. (Pours it carefully into a misting bottle.)

Nathan: Can I watch?

Nick: There won’t be much to see, ‘cause she’ll be invisible. Hey, Susanna! Come here!

Susanna: (Enters) What is it, Nick? I’m trying to get my homework done.

Nick: (Nick closes his eyes, turns face toward audience, and holds misting bottle at arm’s length toward Susanna.) That’s what you think! It’s really time for revenge!

Susanna: Hey, there’s the book I need. (She steps past Nick’s arm as he shoots. When he looks, she is standing behind him and he doesn’t see her.)

Nick: (Looking) It worked! I can’t believe it! I’m a genius!

Susanna: Genius? I can’t believe it either.

Nick: Oh yeah? (Still talking to where Susanna was standing.) Just look at yourself. (He grabs a mirror and holds it up to where she was.) You’re invisible.

Nathan: (To Susanna) Is he always like this?

Susanna: Sometimes he’s worse.

Nathan: I find that hard to believe.

(Susanna taps Nick on the shoulder.)

Nick: Not now, Nathan. I’m enjoying this moment.

(Susanna taps again. When Nick turns around, he practically falls over.)

Nick: Auuugh! It wore off already? How can that be?

Susanna: (Looking at Nathan.) I’ll leave him with you now. (Exits)

Nathan: Great. Thanks, Susanna. Look, Nick. You need to forgive your sister. God has put his love in your heart, even for sisters who turn your underwear pink. It’s time to use that love to forgive. Jesus even forgave the people who put Him on the cross.

Nick: Yeah, I suppose that was worse than what Susanna did with the laundry.

Nathan: Of course it was worse! Jesus was innocent. He was the Son of God. But He let those people put Him on the cross because He was going to pay for all our sins. But He also forgave the men who did that to Him, and they weren’t even sorry they did it.

Nick: Wow. That’s some forgiveness.

Nathan: You can do it too.

Nick: Yeah, you’re right. I’ll have a talk with Susanna right now. (Starts to leave, but pauses.) But I’ll keep this special formula around just in case I ever need it. Inviso-man strikes again! Mwha-ha-ha-ha. (Exits, followed by Nathan, who rolls his eyes and shakes his head.)


No comments:

Post a Comment