Saturday, January 16, 2010

What Makes Seed Grow?

Seed Time Game Show, Number 12


Voice: Welcome to the Sow Your Seed Game Show with your favorite hostesses and mine, Bobby Bling and Chloe Starr!

(Chloe Starr and Bobby Bling enter. Bobby is carrying a bag of assorted hats, shovels, and seed packets that she thinks are necessary in order to make her seed grow.)

Chloe: Welcome to the Sow Your Seed Game Show!

(Bobby is looking at herself in a mirror. Chloe notices that she is trying on several different hats to see which looks best.)

Chloe: Um, Bobby? What are you doing?

Bobby: (Shocked that Chloe has to ask.) I’m trying on hats, silly. (Continues to try on hats.)

Chloe: I hope I don’t regret asking this. Why?

Bobby: If you want your seed to grow, you have to look like a real farmer, of course.

Chloe: Bobby, it doesn’t say that in the Bible.

Bobby: It’s got to be in there somewhere.

Chloe: I think the kids can help me here. Boys and girls, for your seed to sow, do you have to A) Wear a cool farmer hat B) wear special overalls or C) plant your seed in the ground?

(Chooses a child) Correct! The answer is C. It’s not what you wear that makes your seed grow, but the fact that you put your seed in the ground.

Bobby: That is so disappointing. I thought it was all about fashion. (Stops trying on hats and starts comparing two small trowels.)

Chloe: What are you doing now?

Bobby: I’m trying to choose just the right shovel. It’s so important to have the right shovel so your seed will really grow. (Pauses) You’re new at this, aren’t you.

Chloe: Kids, can you help me again? For your seed to sow, do you have to A) use a red shovel, B) use a blue shovel or C) plant your seed in the ground?

(Chooses a child to answer) Correct! The shovel you use to dig in the dirt doesn’t mean anything. You just have to sow that seed in the ground for it to grow.

Bobby: (Really shocked) Really? I thought farm equipment was almost as important as your hat. (Pulls out a package of seed and starts looking for an expiration date.)

Chloe: What are you doing now?

Bobby: (Depreciating glance.) I’m looking at the expiration date. I wouldn’t want to plant seed that was expired. I want it to come up after I plant it.

Chloe: Last time, kids. How long does the Bible say your seed will work? Is it, A) until the expiration date on the package of seeds, B) as long as the earth remains, or C) until my next birthday.

(Chooses child) You’re right! The Bible says the seed we plant will grow as long as the earth remains. If you’re wondering about seed growing, just look down by your toes. Is the earth still there? Then seed will still grow.

Bobby: Thanks for that great info about sowing, Chloe. (Still looking at her reflection in a mirror as they exit.) Do you think my seed would sprout faster if I went a shade lighter with my hair? Or maybe if I was a redhead? I’ve always wanted to be a
redhead.

Chloe: Here we go again.


No comments:

Post a Comment