Saturday, May 8, 2010

Be A Blessing on Mother's Day!


Mother’s Day Surprise


Susan creeps on stage. She is dressed in camo and covered with squirt guns and supersoakers. As she stealthily looks around, Susan comes up and taps her on the shoulder.

Susan: Hi, Susanna. What are you doing?

Susanna: (Jumping.) AUUUUUGGGHHH!

Susan: Watch out! It’s just me.

Susanna: Sorry. I’m looking for Nick. This is it. I’m finally getting him back.

Susan: With squirt guns?

Susanna: Oh yeah. This one has ketchup. This one has mustard. And this one? Maple syrup. I can’t wait.

Susan: But Susanna, how could you do that on Mother’s Day?

Susanna: I’m not doing it to my mom. I’m doing it to Nick. And anyway, it’s perfect. He’ll never see it coming on a holiday like today.

Susan: You shouldn’t do that to your mom on Mother’s Day.

Susanna: She’ll look back in a few years and laugh about it.

Susan: But don’t you think it will make her Mother’s Day a lot harder? She’ll have to correct you, and she’ll have to keep Nick from getting you back, and it just won’t bless her at all to have her two kids fighting.

Susanna: Oh. I never thought of that.

Susan: Remember Timothy in the Bible? He was so thankful for his mother and his grandmother. They took care of him.

Susanna: My mom takes care of me.

Susan: They made him food.

Susanna: My mom makes me food.

Susan: They gave him clothes.

Susanna: My mom gives me clothes.

Susan: They told him about God.

Susanna: My mom tells me about God, too. (Starting to sniffle because she’s so touched.)

Susan: Don’t you want to bless and honor your mom on Mother’s Day after she’s done all for you?

Susanna: (Pretend crying) I feel so awful. I can’t believe I was going to do that to my mother. (Blows nose with honking sound.)

Nick: (Walking past.) What’s wrong with her?

Susanna: Oh, nothing. She’s just having a great Mother’s Day.

Nick: Right. (Keeps walking)

No comments:

Post a Comment